CHARLESTON, IL. (ECWd) –
Governor Rauner fired him for basically being a racist, Attorney General Candidate Erika Harold still plans on attending his Coles County Lincoln Day Dinner and giving the key-note speech, and his fellow Coles County Republican Precinct Committeemen appear to be happy with him representing them as their voice to the voters.
Governor Bruce Rauner fired John Clough, his newest appointee (at the time) to the Illinois Prisoner Review Board in a letter dated January 19, 2018, and under the authority granted in 730 ILCS 5/3-3-1(c), which states that “any member may be removed by the Governor for incompetence, neglect of duty, malfeasance or inability to serve.”
- “Substantiated allegations that during your employment in the Coles County Sheriff’s Office, you used a racial slur when referring to an African-American.”
- He failed to advise the Governor’s Office of this conduct prior to his appointment
- Governor’s Office was also made aware of two allegations related to ethics issues
- that he delivered petitions for political office to the Coles County Courthouse and used his state vehicle to transport him there
- that his statement of economic interest asked if he had been a government employee in the prior year, and that he stated “N/A’ even though he was employed by the Coles County Sheriff’s Office and signed the verification that the statement was true, correct, and complete.
Finally, “Your use of a racial slur, paired with the other two allegations leveled against you, have led us to determine that you have shown an inability to serve on the board.”John Clough1
Our work is funded entirely thru donations and we
ask that you consider donating at the below link.
Christine TrzosPosted at 18:30h, 13 February
Only took an Act of Congress…..Truly disappointing it took so long!
Eddie HaskellPosted at 18:42h, 13 February
Robert O. BoguePosted at 21:51h, 13 February
Nice, but wouldn’t the Illinois Taxpayers have been better served if the Governor hand properly vetted his appointees before their appointments? Or, if our governor had discovered his illegal electioneering on and with state equipment without the services of the ECWDs? Or was the light of day simply too much? GREAT WORK DOGS!!!
OK, in spite of this “oversight”, Clough was removed from his appointment and Bruce Rauner and his staff deserves some of the credit for that…but will they prosecute the violations of Illinois Law or just laugh it off? AND SO,,, why stop there?
Governor Rauner has failed to do the right thing when it comes to Aviation in Illinois and the Edgar County Airport. He needs to clean house with his “appointees and department heads” that have supported the clear and proven; outright violations of Illinois Law.
Start with Randy Blankenhorn, Beth McClusky, William M. Barnes, and Martin of THE DIVISON OF AERONAUTICS. Over paid political bureaucrats, that have chosen to ignore Illinois Law; to support fraudulent grants; and that have failed to prosecute state employees perpetuating these crimes. They are wasting State and Federal tax money and they are a waste of Illinois taxpayer money.
There’s nothing like a bankrupt county borrowing money; that requires a bankrupt state to borrow money; that requires a bankrupt federal government to borrow money: for a fraudulent airport project that violates Illinois Law and to have all of it supported by Governor Bruce Rauner. Corruption at it’s finest.
J. MadisonPosted at 07:53h, 14 February
Jeanne Ives will make a better Governor.