PARIS, EDGAR CO., IL. (ECWd) -
Paris Area Chamber of Commerce Director, Randall "Randy" Peterson, has been charged with Domestic Battery against his wife.
This Complaint was filed on October 26, 2017. He posted a Bond of $350 on October 25th, and a NO CONTACT (with his wife or his home) order has been issued against him.
His first Court appearance is scheduled for November 20, 2017, at 1:30 p.m. in the Edgar County Courthouse.
This is a Class A Misdemeanor charge of Domestic Battery/Physical Contact - Edgar County Case Number 2017-MR-154.
Peterson is the former Edgar County Republican Party Chairman, former candidate for Illinois State Representative, and is currently listed on the Paris Area Chamber of Commerce website as a Director of the Chamber.
Peterson already has a lengthy police record:
- Guilty plea to a March 5, 2017 DUI in Indiana on September 5th, and sentenced in part to 178 days of Formal Probation - it is unclear at this time if this charge would violate that formal probation.
- He was arrested and charged with Domestic Battery in Indianapolis on January 15th of this year (click here) - but that charge was later dismissed.
- Guilty plea to a 2003 DUI in Paris, Illinois
- Guilty plea to a 2006 DUI in Vermilion County, Indiana
- Guilty plea to a 2010 Disorderly Conduct in Paris, Illinois