NEWTON, IL. (ECWd) –
“We have an emergency”
“Two men that are very violent”
“Disrupting and yelling and screaming at everyone on the board”
All of those statements made by Board Member Melissa Stanley are false.
Then she tried to deny saying anything about violence to the Police Officer when he showed up claiming she only reported “a disturbance.” The 9-1-1 audio recording tells something completely different.
Audio recording (download it here) provided by the Jasper County Sheriff’s Office pursuant to a Freedom of Information Act request.
Review the video (bottom of this previous article), and ask yourself if the statements she made to the 9-1-1 operator were true or exaggerated.
- Getting asked questions, after the meeting, about your illegal activities against another board member does not constitute an emergency (especially since nobody asked anybody to leave or to quit talking).
- The meeting was over, nobody disrupted anything.
- Nobody was “very violent” or any degree of “violent” – that was simply an attempt by her to get a quicker response from the Police Department, which also had the Police Officers showing up to a situation where they were wrongly told was a very violent situation.
- She joined and assisted in the discussion AFTER the meeting was over (which means nothing was disrupted).
- She assisted in elevating the volume of all three people involved in the discussion (meaning there was no yelling and screaming – and definitely not at everyone on the board).
- She lied to the 9-1-1 operator about what was happening.
What she should have told the 9-1-1 operator, and would have been more accurate: “There are two guys here that I don’t like, and one of them is saying things I don’t want him to say. Please come and arrest them for me because I am mad at them for talking in favor of board member we have all targeted for bullying. And make sure you arrest the second guy as well, even though he sat in his chair and never said a word to us after the meeting.”
You be the judge…
Our work is funded entirely thru donations and we
ask that you consider donating at the below link.
MdStinePosted at 22:31h, 27 December
In Illinois what’s the charge for making a false 9-11 claim that wastes law enforcement resources? I’m guessing if files are charged, the taxpayers are required to pay for her legal counsel to defend her pathetic judgement …… it keeps getting easier to understand why public education keeps dropping like a stone
KevinPosted at 23:49h, 27 December
Plain as day, she made a false police report and should be arrested.
danni smithPosted at 08:03h, 28 December
I saw similar behavior with the 211 school board prez two weeks ago. A speaker upset about the board’s policy, allowing a mentally ill child who thinks he is a girl with an unfortunate body growth change and shower with girls. This crumb board prez did not want him to express his very accurate assessments and ordered the police to remove him from the room against the protests of the assembled taxpayers. Public schools are moving in the direction of obsolete. Just a matter of time. And in Illinois, land of leavin’, when that first paycheck, pension check bounces, we’ll see how much the teachers do ‘for the children’. It’s just a matter of time.
jmkraftPosted at 08:39h, 28 December
I watched the video and his time had expired.
mark misiorowskiPosted at 08:37h, 28 December
Could it be that the Jasper County School Board Officials are considering an amicus brief in the Fane Lozman dispute?
mePosted at 20:49h, 22 January
just heard today she’s in trouble for the call. don’t know who is the reprimanding party tho. i’m guessing she has too much community clot to be charged in this snooty county tho.