WASHINGTON D.C. - (ECWd) -
Today, the 12-Count Federal Indictment of Paul Manafort Jr. and Richard Gates III was publicly released (copy below).
Indictments generally center around money laundering, tax evasion, and registered agent statuses.
- Conspiracy to defraud the United States
- Conspiracy to launder money
- Failure to report foreign bank accounts
- False and misleading FARA statements
- False Statements
- Unregistered Agent of a foreign principal.
- Seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts
Could this be the Al Capone of the 21st centurey? It appears from the indictment the alleged illegal actions took place between 2006-2016 and focus on massive money laundering. Tax evasion may well be the key to his conviction, just as it was for Al Capone.
Read the Indictment below: