WASHINGTON D.C. (ECWd) –
We previously reported on some of Congressman Shimkus’ expenditures and his partying at the place known for the “reserve-a-bed” and the “spank room” in this article: “Congressman Shimkus Exposed.”
THE POLITICAL GHOST OF AARON SCHOCK WILL HAUNT SHIMKUS
Aaron Schock resigned from the U.S. House of Representatives in total disgrace last year (2015), received a 24-count corruption indictment, which he recently pled not guilty on. We think Aaron literally ran out the door.
We also believe Shimkus should resign now, which may require the 15th District to go back to the drawing board with a Special election.
Please consider the following:
1) John Shimkus has a 2002 Federal Election Commission (FEC) report online at FEC.Gov, with what appears to be over $1,000,000.00 in “basic addition” errors. This same 2002 “required” Federal Report Summary page fails to show any Campaign Expenditures or Committee Contributors when you click on the respective tabs on the 2002 Summary report page, yet Shimkus’s Summary page report states over $2,000,000.00 in Expenditures on the front page of this Summary Report. Something does not add up (literally)!!! We have recently reviewed many FEC reports for Politicians on both sides of the political isle, but have not seen anything like this. Please review the attached Summary Page of John’s 2002 FEC Report
2) In 2005, Good old Bible quoting and Bible tweeting (5 days a week) John Shimkus had a $2,500.00 billing charge on his FEC report that was paid to a “EuroTrash” Washington D.C. Night Spot, Club 1223 (aka MCCXXIII) that “rented beds” on the third floor VIP section of the Club called “SPANK ”! Someone please explain. This Club 1223 closed in 2009, but its successor is named “The Dirty Bar” in keeping with tradition of the previous club. I am sure “The Dirty Bar” is a GREAT FAMILY PLACE IN D.C, just like its predecessor, the Night Club (Club 1223), which John Shimkus spent $2,500 in Campaign Funds on, in 2005, as stated on John’s FEC Report. The articles describing Club 1223 can be found by googling Club 1223 Washington DC, then clicking on articles from both the Washington Post and the Washington City Paper.
3) But it just gets worse. Please review below, the receipt total from just two very exclusive Dining establishments in Washington D.C. The overwhelming majority of these receipts, as reported on the John Shimkus FEC reports, are reported as “Campaign Fund Raisers”. More like “FUN” Raisers for John.
1/1/2015 – 2/24/2016 at Capitol Grille and Capitol Hill Club = $108,945.00
1/1/2013 – 12/31/2014 at Capitol Grille and Capitol Hill Club = $240,655.00
1/1/2011 – 12/31/2012 at Capitol Grille and Capitol Hill Club = $223,401.00
TOTAL 2011-February 2016 = $573,001.00*
*Above totals were derived directly from the John Shimkus FEC reports for the respective above-mentioned years. Please see attached reports from 2012 – 2014 – and 2016 (as of March).
OVER A “$HALF MILLION DOLLARS” IN EXPENDITURES (CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTITIONS) AT JUST TWO OF THE SWANKIEST RESTAURANTS IN WASHINGTON D.C.. HOW DOES HE SPEND TAXPAYER MONEY?
Good old “Bible quoting” John Shimkus is listed as the highest spending Politician at the Capitol Grille in Washington D.C. If you visit the Capitol Grille website it touts a fine Wine list of 350 bottles. Jesus doesn’t need to go there to change Water into Wine. John has them covered.
JOHN GETS THE AWARD OF OUTSPENDING THE NEAREST POLITICIAN BY 500%.
Below is the list of the top five patrons at The Capitol Grille for the 2014 Federal Election Commission (FEC) reporting period (as tabulated by OpenSecrets.org).
1) John Shimkus – Volunteers for Shimkus $162,245.00
2) Ann Wagner – Ann Wagner for Congress $ 35,215.00
3) Marsha Blackburn – Blackburn for Congress $ 30,233.00
4) Bob Brady – Bob Brady for Congress $ 23,100.00
5) Kevin McCarthy – McCarthy for Congress $ 15,907.00
Wow!!!, I wonder how much John tips.
It truly must be exciting to have this kind of “FREE” money, given to you by influence peddlers. Makes you want to be a U.S. Representative or a John Shimkus “ROCK STAR”, doesn’t it?
The next thing to mention about John Shimkus’s spending of Campaign funds, is the following: He must have one of the best wine pallets in Congress, because he knows the best of the best wineries and Spa retreats in Napa Valley and we will follow up on the funds spent in the high unemployment area of California, Napa Valley, in a future article.
Please consider a donation to the Edgar County Watchdogs.
MW JohnsonPosted at 14:27h, 21 December
The Capitol Hill Club is the bar in the basement of thr RNC. Anyone can go and Ive been there 7 or 8 times when Ive traveled to DC. It is nothing close to swanky.
CraigPosted at 08:40h, 17 February
^^Birds of a feather flock together.