FLORIDA (ECWd) –
Editor’s note 4-22-2023: We updated this article with new photos.
After enduring more than two years of relentless, abusive, and unwarranted web-based and social media attacks on our organization and our persons, we have hopefully and finally brought this chapter to a close by settling on our terms a federal lawsuit we filed in the Middle District of Florida to protect our organization from these types of malicious and unwarranted attacks. This was not the first person to go overboard in their attempts at retaliating against us but will hopefully be the last.
– – “Tell the Truth and don’t be afraid” – Livingston C. Lord – –
Bonnie Kurowski Signs Apology Letter; Watchdogs Settle Federal Lawsuit
“Bonnie Kurowski is sorry for the malicious manner in which she published false statements concerning all of the Plaintiffs and that she was wrong to intentionally malign Plaintiff’s reputations and that she is woefully sorry for having engaged in this wrongful intentional conduct.“
On June 2, 2021, the Edgar County Watchdogs and others filed a federal lawsuit in the Middle District of Florida naming Bonnie Kurowski as a defendant. The Counts alleged against Kurowski include soundings of libel and defamation by implication.
On August 17, 2021, Bonnie Kurowski filed what we believe was a retaliatory federal lawsuit in the Northern District of Illinois naming the Edgar County Watchdogs and others as defendants.
On August 3, 2022, Northern District of Illinois Federal Judge Gary Feinerman Entered Judgment against Plaintiff Bonnie Kurowski and in favor of the Edgar County Watchdogs, dismissing all of her claims with prejudice.
On or about February 13, 2023, a settlement was entered into in the Middle District of Florida between the Edgar County Watchdogs and others, and defendant Bonnie Kurowski, consisting of, in part, a written and signed apology letter from Kurowski (read the entirety of the Settlement Agreement below or HERE) (Read the Apology Letter below or HERE).
From amongst the Settlement Agreement:
- The parties agreed that the Plaintiffs would prevail at trial over the defendant’s defenses
- The settlement agreement is related to the tortious conduct of Kurowski
- Kurowski acknowledged that should the case go to trial, Plaintiffs could and would prove the allegations of the Complaint
- Kurowski acknowledged that she made numerous false statements about the Plaintiffs in a variety of ways (some of which are listed in the settlement agreement, some are listed in the apology letter)
- Kurowski agreed to assign (turn over) her web pages and Facebook pages (except for the Bolingbrook Reporter Facebook page and her personal pages) to Plaintiffs within 10 days of the execution of the agreement
- Kurowski agreed to remove all content mentioning Plaintiffs from wherever it may be posted
- Kurowski agreed to sign an apology letter (below)
- ECWd agreed to dismiss the Complaint with prejudice within 5 days of Kurowski’s performing all of her required and agreed-to actions as listed in the settlement agreement
From amongst the apology letter (read the entire signed apology letter below, or HERE):
- Apologizes and agrees her conduct rose to the level of constitutional malice and was intended to harm Plaintiff’s reputation
- Apologizes for falsely stating any of us were guilty of a crime
- Apologizes for falsely stating that any of us were the subject of any investigation by any governmental authority
- Apologizes for falsely stating that any of us were involved in Racketeering and stalking
- Apologizes for falsely stating that any Plaintiff or their attorneys engaged in any act of adultery
- Apologizes for falsely stating that Benford charged for audits not completed and further that Kurowski knew at the time she made them that her statements were false
- Apologizes for falsely stating any of us were engaged in domestic terrorism and acts of stochastic terrorism
- Apologizes for asking the Southern Poverty Law Center to list Plaintiff as a hate group or participants in a hate group
- Apologizes for reposting an image of a noose and confederate flag regarding Alyssia Benford (a Black Woman who is a business owner and former Township Trustee) – read more of this type of activity HERE
- Apologizes for falsely stating Benford improperly disclosed records of DuPage Township
- Apologizes for falsely stating that any of the Plaintiffs made a false statement about Kurowski and acknowledges that she has no knowledge that Plaintiff published any false statement about her, and that to the extent she expressed to any other person that any article published by any Plaintiff was false, that was in and of itself a false statement of Kurowski’s
- Apologizes for falsely stating that any plaintiff was involved with the DC Siege, Insurgency, or anything else it is called, of January 6, 2021
- Apologizes for falsely stating that other people write articles on (or belong to) the Edgar County Watchdogs
- Apologizes for falsely stating plaintiffs entered Calumet City offices unlawfully and destroyed records
- Apologizes for falsely stating Benford participated in a robbery at the Calumet City Hall and engaged in severe bullying of Calumet City employees – and that she knew at the time she made the statements that they were not true
- Apologizes for falsely stating that Benford was a highly paid call girl
- Apologizes for contacting, emailing, and texting false information to Benford’s clients in an effort to damage her business
- States that Bonnie Kurowski is sorry for the malicious manner in which she published false statements concerning all of the Plaintiffs and that she was wrong to intentionally malign Plaintiff’s reputations and that she is woefully sorry for having engaged in this wrongful intentional conduct.
.1-Settlement Agreement - Fully Executed_Redacted
Justice SeekerPosted at 19:37h, 15 February
Glad Kirk, John, Alyssia and Rob got vindication. When people fight hard against the wrongs done against taxpayers because those elected do not have the moral character to do so, these are just four who have the courage to fight. Taxpayers owe them a lot. Illinois is corrupt and everyone knows it. Sadly too many elected officials as well as community members (friends and family) try hard to protect those doing wrong and they have elected officials at every level who help that process. Does the name Rita Crundwell ring a bell? Dixon, Illinois? Most people thought she was great and yet she was a psychopath who served only herself.
Wake up call to all Illinois townships, municipalities and counties. We live in a day where sociopaths are the norm. These folks can be found in elected office at every level and behind the keyboard of social media trying to protect them because they have been duped by the sociopath. Thank God for people like the four mentioned in this article.
May God use them and others who have the courage to stand against the corrupt system in Illinois to right the wrongs done to taxpayers of this state!
KathiannPosted at 09:49h, 17 February
Kudos to the Watchdogs. The vindication and victory is sweet on this one…it’s just too bad the fight is so prolonged and costly, in time, money, and attention. The truth is gaining ground in this state, even tho progress seems slow. We still need to savor every victory and pray for others to join the fight in their respective counties, municipalities and townships. Because this woman did not fear any repercussions is why she was emboldened to do what she did, and that is the sorry state in many government entities today…Many have no fear of consequences. I celebrate this victory “for the cause” and every seemingly small advance for truth and justice that happens daily. We must not give up. We only lose if we quit!