Joliet, IL. (ECWd) –
Earlier this year, we published an article explaining that Senator Michael Hastings had filed a Rule 224 Motion in Will County Court in an attempt at discovering who had access to and distributed a copy of a police report his wife made against him.
Will County filed a Motion to Dismiss and it is scheduled for a hearing on November 14, 2022, at 9:30 a.m.
Below are the accusations made against Hastings by his wife (they are going through a divorce) according to the police report:
- Hastings was accused of a verbal altercation
- Hastings mouthed the words “bitch” and “whore” at her while filming her with the children present in the home
- While his wife was in the interview room, Hastings attempted to call her a few times
- Hastings treated his wife poorly for the past 8 months being emotionally and verbally abusive
- That he battered her, by placing her in a choke hold/neck restraint, and slammed her body into a door multiple times
- She did not call the police at the time because she feared for her safety
- She also didn’t report it because she didn’t want it all over the media since Hastings is a State Senator