Effingham, IL. (ECWd) -
The Temporary Restraining Order against the Illinois State Board of Education and the State Superintendent of Education, Dr. Carmen, I. Ayala was extended through December 3, 2021, in Effingham County Circuit Court, according to the docketing sheet. The original TRO, which can be read HERE, prohibited the State Board of Education from altering plaintiff school district recognition status'.
The court determined defendant's unverified answer was improper and gave them 7 days to file an amended answer
The court also denied the AG's request to file an advisory opinion.
The TRO prohibits the ISBE from placing Red Hill CUSD 10, Cowden-Herrick CUSD 3A, and Beecher City CUSD 20 on or remaining on a status of "Probation" without fully complying with existing state laws.
From the Docket Report on judici.com:
- ATTY DEVORE; AAGS BARNETT AND SCHWARZLOSE;
- ATTY DEVORE MAKES MOTION REGARDING UNVERIFIED ANSWER PURSUANT TO 735 ILCS 5/2-605; CT REVIEWS CASE LAW PRESENTED;
- CT FINDS THAT UNVERIFIED ANSWER IS NOT PROPER AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED;
- W/O OBJECTION CT GRANTS AAG'S REQUEST FOR LEAVE TO FILE VERIFIED ANSWER;
- AAG GRANTED 7 DAYS LEAVE TO FILE AMENDED PLEADING;
- PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION HEARING RESET TO 12/3/21 AT 10:30AM IN CT ROOM B;
- CT DENIES AAG REQUEST FOR ADVISORY OPINION;
- TRO TO REMAIN IN EFFECT UNTIL PRELIM INJUNCTION HEARING.