Wesley Township, IL. (ECWd) –
He failed miserably on compliance with the Order and failed miserably on his answers to the Judge and Attorney Hanlon’s questions.
Earlier this morning he attempted to quash several subpoenas, his motion was denied. From the afternoon’s start, he objected to raising his right hand and tried to argue that raising a hand is considered a religious belief that violated the free exercise of the first amendment – he was over-ruled.
According to the Order, the Court found John Norton had the ability to provide:
- Insurance policy on 2002 Ford Escape
- Title and registration on 2002 Ford Escape
- Homeowner’s insurance policy for his residence
- The deed to the property of his residence
- Bank statements from US Bank bank account for two years
- Bank statements for the “Swiss bank account” for two years
The Court found that John Norton willfully failed, but could have provided, the above-listed documents.
In order to coerce John Norton to comply, the conditions to purge of contempt is modified to include an indeterminate jail sanction until John Norton produces the above listed documents.
The jail sanction is stayed for one week, until August 2, 2021, at 1;30 p.m. If he fails to produce the above-listed documents he will be placed in the Will County jail.
We will publish the transcripts from today as soon as we obtain them.CamScanner 07-26-2021 15.29_Redacted