MADISON CO, IL. (ECWd) –
Rob Dorman and Doug Hulme have filed a lawsuit in Madison County Circuit Court naming the Cities of Edwardsville, Alton, Granite City, and Collinsville as Defendants for their part in the Madison County Public Corruption Task Force as respondeat superior (“let the master answer”, or, the employer is responsible for the employee).
Plaintiffs are seeking damages in excess of $100,000.00.
From the Complaint:
- At all relevant times herein, the plaintiffs and each of them had a valid and enforceable employment contract with Madison County, Illinois, an Illinois municipal corporation.
- The conduct complained of herein was committed by Madison County deputy sheriffs who were members of a public corruption task force which was made up of sheriff’s deputies employed by Madison County but who also were agents and employees of the defendants herein, each of which contributed to their pay and in part directed their conduct and therefore Defendants are legally responsible for the conduct of said deputies under the doctrine of respondeat superior.
- Defendants, by one or more of said agents and employees, intentionally and unjustifiably induced a breach of said employment contracts by specifically calling for the termination of each plaintiff’s employment and by making false and unsupported accusations of improper conduct and in some cases alleged criminal misconduct.
- As a result of the foregoing, the Defendants and each of them have become liable to the plaintiffs for the tortious interference with plaintiffs’ employment contract with Madison County.
- Defendants, by one or more of said agents and employees, intentionally and unjustifiably induced A termination of each plaintiff’s employment by making false and unsupported accusations of improper conduct and in some cases alleged criminal misconduct.
- The basis of the termination of Plaintiffs’ employment was the fact that Plaintiffs had discovered improper and/or
illegal conduct on the part of various Madison County officials, a basis which is improper as a whistleblower or retaliatory discharge of the Plaintiffs.
Read it below (Editor’s note: the year-date of termination on pages 2 and 5 should be 2020, not 2021).DORMAN-HULME-COMPLAINT
DavePosted at 19:24h, 15 April
So, the foxes are guarding the hen house. I have long heard the Madison county govt and courts were corrupt.
GW ONEPosted at 09:19h, 16 April
This is a serious story with little investigative reporting done so far. The plaintiffs in this case, based on my experience with similar cases, should prevail nicely.
It strikes me as odd that Dorman and Hume have not sued the Madison Board Members and Sheriff John Larkin. Hope they are not immune from bad behavior! Madison County, under Republican leadership, has done a deplorable job working for residents of the County.. They have engaged in the old sport of, “king making,” Lawsuits filed by Dorman and Hume will be an embarrassment to the Madison County County Board. When they prevail, it will cost the taxpayers millions.
SusiePosted at 11:10h, 16 April
Dorman and Hulme deserved to be fired. They both know it…well on second thought they probably don’t because they are both delusional. These are 2 of the most immoral, unethical people I have ever encountered. The should have been fired by Kurt Prenzler long, long ago and he knows it but he is scared of Dorman and feels like he owes Hulme something for getting him elected. But one would expect no less of Prenzler, he has worked hard to surround himself with corrupt people. Everything they have accused the Dems of doing they are also doing. And for the record I’m a Republican but there are very few Madison County republicans that would consider voting for. I’ve seen them up close and it’s not pretty.
PKPosted at 15:28h, 16 April
Zoiks! From documents previously published here, this petition appears to be filed in a state court where the chief judge is very much implicated in the morass; and a key contributor to sludging the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act along therein Madison county. The standard for judicial conduct may be deliberately kept sub-par there by way of the Attorney Registration and Discipline Commission and Judicial Inquiry Board, That’s about double-bogey golf for their respective juris doctorates.
PubliusPosted at 18:41h, 17 April
Confirmed – William Mudge had a judicial inquiry board complaint filed against him containing the transcript and video of his custodial interrogation by two detectives from the task force which was overseen by his wife’s former husband.