Avon Township, IL. (ECWd) -
Terre Wilke, has stooped to a new low in negative campaigning.
He recently opened up a website using the Township's name, without telling his readers it is not an official government website and is using that website to:
- falsely accuse candidates of committing felonies,
- falsely stating candidates are "guilty" of felonies
- falsely stating a candidate wasted over $750,000
- falsely accusing candidate of a payroll fraud scheme
- falsely accusing candidate of using $40,000 of taxpayer funds on political agenda without legal authority
- lied about his illegal transfer of a township vehicle into his own name
- falsely accusing candidate of giving herself a 25% pay raise (he knows the Township Board controls pay for elected officials - not the elected official)
- falsely accusing candidate of expending funds without legal authority - WILKE is the one who has actually done that
- false allegations of falsifying meeting minutes
Wilke even links to a fake website filled with completely, and 100% false, information on us - if his research is lacking so much he cannot even tell truth from lies, he probably should resign from office so as not to further embarrass himself, the township, and the county.
How do we know it is his personal website? Subpoenas do wonders (click here). We had to know the actual owner is to know who to name as a defendant.
It really is a shame how low he chose to go in opening up this fake website.
We urge those candidates to sue him into bankruptcy.