Springfield, IL. (ECWd) –
On August 18, 2020, Sangamon County Circuit Judge Raylene Grischow granted Governor Pritzker’s Motion for a Temporary Restraining Order against Defendants Christian Child Development Corporation and Parkview Christian Academy. The Motion for TRO against Hutsonville Schools is MOOT as they stated, prior to the Hearing, that they would voluntarily comply with the IDPH and ISBE Joint Guidance.
In granting the TRO, the Court applied it to not only the named Defendants, but also to “Defendants officers, agents, employees, and attorneys, and those persons in active concert or participation with them.”
The TRO Ordered Defendants to:
- comply with the Governor’s Executive Orders and Guidance which applies to all public and nonpublic schools in Illinois serving prekindergarten through 12th-grade students. This Guidance includes, but is not limited to
- Requiring the use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), including face coverings;
- Prohibiting more than 50 individuals from gathering in one space;
- Requiring social distancing be observed, as much as possible;
- Requiring schools symptom screening and temperature checks or require that individuals self-certify that they are free of symptoms before entering school buildings;
- Requiring an increase in school-wide cleaning and disinfection; and
- Following any requirements as outlined in the Guidance as well as any changes that occur as a result of changing public health conditions.
Further Hearing will be September 2, 2020, at 1:30 p.m. by Zoom.
This is only part of the cases the Supreme Court consolidated. More Hearings on the way.Temporary Restraining Order