Hutsonville, IL. (ECWd) -
Hutsonville CUSD #1 has sent a letter to the Illinois Department of Public Health and Illinois State Board of Education informing them that they are declining to implement the health and safety protocols as outlined in the 63-page "Joint Guidance" document published last week.
The public school district provided the following in the letter:
- there is no substantive authority supporting the basis for promulgating these guidelines
- no legitimate legal source delegating administrative agencies any lawful authority to mandate such rules upon public or private schools, parents, or students
- no legislative act delegating authority to place such demands upon public or private schools, parents, or students
- a 1922 Illinois Supreme Court case, Barmore v Robertson, deemed general health regulations such as these as beyond your authority when it stated that "Health authorities cannot promulgate and enforce rules which merely have a tendency to prevent the spread of contagious and infectious diseases."
- Governor Pritzker has admitted no enforcement mechanism exists
- this school district will determine what, if any, additional health and safety protocols it might choose to add for the upcoming year, and they are reasonably certain any such protocols will not include a mandate that staff , parents or children be required to wear any type of face coverings
Read the letter (here) or below: