Springfield, IL. (ECWd) –
Former Springfield (Sangamon County) Mass Transit District facilities manager, Aaron Beck, charged with three felony counts of official misconduct and three felony counts of theft of government property.
We wrote about his termination from the district in September 2019 (read it here).
We know Beck was terminated under “suspicion of misconduct” and had been employed at the district from August 14, 1995 to September 24, 2019 – more than 24 years.
New information has revealed that the City of Springfield’s Charging Instrument / State’s Attorney has indicated that Aaron Beck has been charged with the following crimes:
- Count 1: Official Misconduct, Class 3 felony
- Count 2: Official Misconduct, Class 3 Felony
- Count 3: Official Misconduct, Class 3 Felony
- Count 4: Theft of Government Property, Class 2 Felony
- Count 5: Theft of Government Property, Class 4 Felony
- Count 6: Theft of Government Property, Class 4 Felony
He has a court appearance on July 16, 2020, in Courtroom 5C, Sangamon County Courthouse.
Please remember that an arrest and/or charging instrument does not find anyone guilty and “All people are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law.“