EDGAR CO. (ECWd) –
We have confirmed allegations of theft from the Vermilion, IL. Fire Department, which is a part of the Paris Community Fire Protection District in Edgar County.
The case is currently under investigation by the Paris Police Department and should wrap-up in a few more days.
According to multiple credible sources, the following is alleged:
- An individual working as a fireman in the Vermilion, Il. Fire Department used the Fire Department’s FS gas card to fill up his privately owned vehicle on multiple occasions
- The Fire District Trustees noticed excessive fuel charges by the department and asked the Chief to make sure he had all the FS cards accounted for
- One was missing, so he ordered a new card and had the old one canceled
- Fuel usage was still high
- Chief checked the cards again and another card was missing
- The Trustees asked FS if they had video footage of the times when the card was used
- Video footage (at least 50 video clips) was provided and the individual was identified in each one
- At least $4000 was allegedly pilfered using these gas cards
***We will publish the individual’s name with more details, but will not publish it unless and until either: (a) charges are filed in the Circuit Court, (b) or we identify him through public records provided under the Freedom of Information Act.