Wesley Township (ECWd) –
Wesley Township and its Road District were named as Defendant in a Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”) lawsuit filed by Cindy BRZANA yesterday.
This suit accuses the Township and the Township Clerk, Sarah Norton of failing to answer several FOIA requests dating from August 11, 2018, February 13, 2019, March 27, 2019, July 8, 2019, and July 23, 2019.
Among the records sought, include:
- information on the sale of the old Township Hall and barn
- warrants attested by the Township Clerk for payment from January 1 thru February 12 of 2019
- certain emails to and from and Trustee Kathleen Kennedy
- security camera video footage from July 6 and 7 of 2019
- warrants signed in June 2019 for Road District payroll and Township Clerk’s cell phone records between Jan and June of 2019
All of these are public records and subject to the FOIA.
Plaintiff is seeking the requested records, and costs and penalties of $12,500.
We will upload a file-stamped copy of this lawsuit once we obtain it.