ATWOOD, IL. (ECWd) -
We attended the Atwood Village Board of Trustees meeting last week after being notified the board would hear complaints against its Police Chief, and allegations that they might make a decision concerning his employment.
The board heard public comments for roughly 30 minutes and entered into executive session to discuss personnel matters.
Public comments ranged from some saying they didn't appreciate DCFS being called, some supporting the Chief, some saying too much NARCAN is being given, and one person claiming to be an emergency room worker saying she only gives NARCAN after a person stops breathing (33:06 in the video).
After returning from the executive session the Village President stated that:
- they had a discussion with the Chief regarding ongoing expectations
- discussed training options with the Chief
- paused the Ride-Along program
- asked the Chief to contact District 5 about any complaints that have been filed
- asked anyone waiting to file a complaint to file it with District 5
Video before Executive Session:
Video after Executive Session: