McHenry Co. (ECWd) –
We reported on the criminal complaint of intimidation and extortion filed by former Trustee Melissa Victor and current Trustee Rachael Lawrence in this article on May 23, 2019. In that article, we listed a series of questions that the public officials and their attorney refused to answer.
According to the police report, Victor stated that she was threatened on 01/09/19 at 2215 hrs, during the executive board meeting that took place at Algonquin Township. Lawrence stated that both she and Melissa were present during the meeting and both heard the threats that Andrew had made.
“Rachael stated that both her and Melissa were present during the meeting and both heard the threats that Andrew had made.”
To our surprise, the Township produced the closed session recording and it proves key claims by Victor and Lawrence in their police complaint are false.
While we understand the need to have an outside agency investigate potentially or believed to be criminal events, filing such a report with completely false information could be a crime of its own.
Within their complaint was a claim that the entirety of the conversation at the Algonquin township was recorded and on record.
When reading that statement just sentences after the false claim they made, it comes across as if their claims would be proven with the recording. Turns out, the recording was nothing but what the actual words describe, a recording of the entirety of the conversation at the Algonquin township. Yes, a recording of the entirety of the conversation of the meeting, which did not contain one shred of what they insinuated would be on that recording.
Questions we asked have now been answered:
- Was Andrew physically present during this meeting in question? NO!
- If not, how did you hear Andrew during this meeting? They did not hear Andrew say anything at that meeting!
- Was his conversation with his attorneys on speaker phone? If so, was that because the attorney was present in executive session? No Speakerphone conversation, just an attorney representing the Road District.
- I am trying to pin down exactly how this alleged threat was “heard” considering Andrew claims he was not present. The recording proves they did not hear Gasser say anything because he was not there, just as he claimed to the police.
- Was Attorney Kelly present during this alleged threat? Yes.
- You claimed to have heard Andrew intimidate and Extort during an executive session. How is that possible if he was not there? It’s a pretty simple question. Unanswered by those making the allegation, now answered by the recording that proves their claim is false.
You can listen to the recording below. What is interesting is to hear how Mellisa Victor, near the end of what sounded to be negotiations with attorneys representing the Road District, verbalize that the proposal from the Road District was blackmail. One would think, with numerous attorneys in the room directly involved in the negotiations, had there been any actual form of intimidation or extortion they would have reported it.
Download and listen to the audio (HERE).