SPRINGFIELD, IL. (ECWd) -
Adam Lopez, former Springfield School District 186 board president, former vice-president, and current board member (until the newly elected board members take office), was arrested and charge last October (2018) with 5 felony Counts, including theft and financial exploitation of the elderly. He was fired from Country Financial just prior to these charges being filed.
A sixth Count was added on December 12, 2018, for alleged felony exploitation of the elderly with a disability.
He is still in Sangamon County custody (according to the Court Docket) as he is apparently unable to come up with the Bond set by the Court at $1.5 million. His Bond was reduced in November to $50,000 - 10% to apply. Another Bond reduction Hearing was held on January 14, 2019 and was Denied.
After he was arrested and charged, we wrote about a civil suit seeking eviction from his commercial office, now we learn he has other civil suits pending:
- In January of 2019, Sangamon County State's Attorney filed for forfeiture of Lopez' seized property; a 2016 Lowe boat, motor, and trailer.
- Also in January of 2019, Lopez was named as defendant in a civil suit (TORT), along with defendant Country Financial. Plaintiff is seeking more than $50,000 in the suit.
- October 2018, Lopez was named defendant in a civil suit seeking more than $69,000.
- October 2018, Lopez was named defendant in a civil suit seeking more than $50,000.
- October 2018, Lopez was named defendant in a civil suit seeking more than $10,000.
Lopez' felony Jury Trial is scheduled for May 13, 2019 at 10:30 a.m.