DuPage Township, IL. (ECWd) -
We have been fielding tips on DuPage Township's illegal expenditures out of their General Assistance fund for "Home Relief" some of which are below:
- Dec 2017: Sponsor of Black History Month - $1,000.00
- Dec 2017: Bolingbrook Cricket League - $3,000.00
- Dec 2017: Leroy Brown Scholarship Fund - $2,000.00
- Dec 2017: Community Outreach Pastor - $57.76
- Dec 2017: Job Fair Donuts - $52.82
- Feb 2018: Bolingbrook Rotary Club, Mac and Cheese Sponsor - $500.00
None of these expenditures out of the General Assistance Fund are authorized under Illinois law.
DuPage Township Supervisor, William M. Mayer, is the person responsible for administering the General Assistance Fund.
General Assistance is designed for "basic maintenance requirements, and either necessary treatment, care and supplies required because of illness or injury, or acute medical treatment, care and supplies only."
The Public Aid Code does not say they can spend public funds on History Months, Cricket Leagues, Scholarship Funds, Pastors, Donuts, or Rotary Club Mac and Cheese dinners. These expenditures violate Illinois law and must be discontinued.
More articles on DuPage Township are forthcoming.