LIMESTONE TOWNSHIP, IL. (ECWd) –
Monday, MAY 14th, 2018 at 6 p.m. at the Limestone School on Limestone School Road
The voters in Limestone Township have a choice to make, actually several choices to make.
#1 – CHOOSE to show up at the reconvened annual township meeting!
#2 – CHOOSE to vote yea or nay on whether to direct the Township Board to place a question on the Ballot!
#3 – CHOOSE a place for coffee and snacks after the meeting!
If a voter does not show up to let their voice be heard, then they must be happy with the status quo.
- This status quo includes purchasing a vehicle without going out for bid
- Using Township Road vehicle for improper purposes
- Allegations of theft of Township fuel (download and listen to the 911 call)
- “Checking the mail” – at 2:45 a.m.? (download and listen to his response to Sheriff Dept)
- “Locking the fuel pumps” at 2:45 a.m.?
Vote yea or nay on whether to force the Township Board to place the question on the ballot to dissolve the Township road district.
If the ballot question passes at the November 2018 election, then:
- The Road District will be dissolved
- All monies, property, credit, equipment, tax levy, and everything else will belong to the Township
- The Township Board will be responsible for the former road district and they can manage it how they see fit, within the confines of the law. This could include hiring the current Road Commissioner as their employee, hiring someone else, asking the County or another Road District to perform the work thru an intergovernmental agreement or contract with private companies. The end result will be more supervision of the Township Roads, and no longer will an elected Commissioner be able to do as he pleases, damn the residents
- The roads will still be maintained
Win or lose, the vote during this meeting, plan a place to enjoy what just happened!
Nothing is better than celebrating a victory, or planning for the next step and the next victory!
If you care about your township, ATTEND THE MEETING!