ALORTON, IL. (ECWd) –
We knew we would see her in handcuffs again…
Jo Ann Reed, the current Mayor of Alorton, Illinois, was indicted by Grand Jury and apprehended on December 15, 2017, by the Illinois State Police pursuant to a bench warrant.
According to St. Clair County records, there are still pending Grand Jury actions in this case.
This charge is Felony Official Misconduct/Performance of a Forbidden Act. The exact charge is “720 ILCS 5/33-3(A)(2): Official Misconduct. Knowingly performs an act which she knows she is forbidden by law to perform” – this is a Class 3 Felony.
The exact nature of the charge (what she allegedly unlawfully performed) is unclear to us at this time.
Date of Offense is listed as September 8, 2017.
She was arrested by the Illinois State Police on a bench warrant.
She is charged in St. Clair County.
A little bit of Jo Ann Reed’s criminal and other history:
- As a felon employee, Reed failed to obtain a Protective Order against a citizen for attending Commonfields of Cahokia Water District meetings
- Reed filed a false police report of Disorderly Conduct against citizen attending water district meetings
- Assisted in canceling water district meetings when notified we were attending
- Convicted of felony, while previously Mayor of Alorton, of smuggling contraband into a penal institution. She was ejected and removed from her Mayoral seat after that conviction. Six Alorton officials faced charges during and prior to her previous reign as Mayor. If convicted, this will be the third Alorton Mayor, out of the last four, who were convicted and removed from office.
- Felony record “expunged” under “first time drug offense” related statute – you know, the one the Illinois Legislature passed which essentially allows felons to hold elective office since they need a “second chance”
- Reed was Indicted by a Federal Grand Jury in December 2016 for Felony buying votes and disregard of election code (we are unclear of the outcome of that case at this time) – Elected Mayor again in 2017, even after her 2016 Federal Indictment.
- An Alorton city vehicle was involved in a shooting this past October
Our work is funded entirely thru donations and we ask that you consider donating at the below link.
DavePosted at 10:04h, 17 December
Wow, you just can’t make this stuff up
T BakerPosted at 10:06h, 17 December
And again we must question the sanity of Illinois voters who keep voting for people they know or have suspected ideas that they are performing criminal behavior.
PLEASE research your candidates and do not listen to commercials on either side and do not just vote for the person who has been in office for “the last 20 years”.
Peter NelliganPosted at 13:20h, 17 December
Sinister coverup exsposed
Phil GreenPosted at 13:31h, 17 December
Sounds line she’s bring railroaded to me.
S.KingPosted at 11:58h, 21 December
Obviously she doing what she suppose to do its the people who vote, I mean she can’t buy everybody. Right? Just BS.