BLOOMINGTON, IL. (EWCd) –
While Bloomington Mayor Tari Renner was on “temporary leave of absence” several people sent him emails asking for answers to certain questions.
He has yet to answer either some or all of them.
He needs to clear the air on his actions prior to, during, and after the Japan Sister Cities visit so the public can be fully aware of what happened and when it happened.
Questions asked of Renner include:
- response to columnist about comments made after a “walking tour”
- economic development efforts and successes
- If Tari had too much to drink and passed out in the lobby of a hotel
- If Tari asked a translator where he could find a prostitute (in front of a Japanese official who knew English)
- If someone if telling the Sister Cities Committee to say nothing was wrong with Margot’s ticket purchase
Mayor Renner, these questions and more need to be answered if any respectability is to be returned to the mayor’s Office.
One additional question we have, is, why was there a hotel charge in Japan when the understanding was the hotel costs / living arrangements were provided to the committee free of charge? It was on your p-card with a charge of around $159.00. Also, did Margot stay in that hotel room with you? Did you stay in the room? Who stayed in the room?17-09-1078_Redacted
Elizabeth GruberPosted at 17:20h, 09 October
Wow. This gets better and better. More facts coming out. More questions need to be answered by the mayor.
JanniePosted at 14:15h, 13 October
This is very interesting – I wonder if we’ll ever find out the answers.