Clark Co., IL. (ECWd) –
As if participating in election fraud was not enough for the “Honorable”, LOL, Joe Ewing, he decided to kick-it-up-a-notch and appoint his very own Judge and Jury, which includes himself, by way of Ethics Commission appointments.
We realize that Clark County Park District Policy states that the board chairman appoints the Ethics Commission, however, when a position is conflicted with an ethics complaint, the chairman should have requested the board appoint the commission members.
Ethics Commission members:
- Neighbor and friend of Ron Stone
- Has stated this is a waste of time and resources
- “Fixes” the budget by simply “adding income”
- Owner of the Marshall Advocate and a newspaper in Casey
- Has recently written in opposition of all efforts to hold the park board accountable to the law
- Contractually obligated to Ron Stone (as a business partner), who is also named in the Ethics Complaint
- Does business with the Park District on a regular basis
- Former Park District Commissioner who has violated the same laws as these defendants have violated
- Biased in favor of ALL the “defendants”
- Stands to gain future business with the district should he “tow-the-line”
- Has consistently demonstrated a bias against any sort of reform to hold public officials accountable
- Tells Terry Stepp (named in complaint) he will give him print space in his newspapers to tell everyone how awful all those FOIA requesters have been to the park district and how the district is so helpless in the spotlight
Joe Ewing — Since there are supposed to be three Ethics Commissioners, we can only assume that Joe Ewing has appointed himself as an Ethics Commissioner
- Committed election fraud
- Named as “defendant” in the Ethics Complaint
The appointment of the Ethics Commission was conducted in secret, outside of a public meeting. Is it any wonder Ewing wouldn’t say who the Commissioners would be at the Park District meeting held last month?
The thought of an “ETHICS” commission being appointed in such an unethical way is the ultimate betrayal of public trust.