DuPage Co. (ECWd) -
Former COD Board Chairman Dave Carlin reported to the Daily Herald that "the board and Breuder brought in their own attorneys to discuss a potential buyout, resulting in $10,000 in legal fees for the college and a "couple thousand" for Breuder, who was reimbursed by the college." (Click here for Daily Herald Article -may require subscription)
So the current COD Candidate Dave Carlin claims COD reimbursed Breuder for legal bills.
In November of 2014 I submitted a FOIA asking for: "Copy of all expense reimbursement documentation to include claim forms, receipts and all other documents pertaining to those reimbursements for President Breuder from date of employment to July 1, 2012". (Click here for copy of FOIA request)
One major problem!
Reimbursement records reflect no such payment for legal bills. (Click here for COD's response)
In an effort of covering all the bases on this matter I submitted another FOIA for the following:
- "#2 Copy of all legal bills that COD paid for Dr. Breuder's private attorney since being hired."
- "#3 Copy of all payments made for Dr. Breuder's private attorney since being hired."
"The college does not have any responsive documents for requests #2 and #3." (click here for copy of COD response)
Someone is Lying!
- COD trustee candidate Dave Carlin claimed Breuder's legal costs were Reimbursed.
- Breuder reimbursements do not reflect any such reimbursement
- COD has no record of payments to Breuder attorney.
Who is lying?
Who can you trust?
Voters have a lot to think about!