Springfield, IL (ECWd) -
Quinn claims no assets on personal economic disclosures
With all the class warfare going in with the Governor’s race and millions being spent on attacking success (as if that's a bad thing), I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of success the current governor has had in the private sector.
Turns out- Quinn’s private sector success is… ZERO! That’s pretty scary.
I submitted a Freedom of Information Request for the Economic Interest Disclosures (EDS) for Gov. Quinn for the last 5 years. For those not familiar with them, it's a required document for pretty much any appointed or elected official in the state. The statute covering its requirement can be found at this link. (Click Here for EDS Statute)
While attacking Rauner’s business acumen, how has Quinn faired economically?
Upon receiving the documents from the Secretary of State to say I was shocked is an understatement. (Click here for copies of Gov. Quinn’s EDS)
- Governor Quinn claimed no business ownership in any entity doing business in the State of Illinois in excess of $5,000 or dividends in excess of $1,200
- Claimed he has no business ties to professional organizations in which he was an officer, director, associate, partner or proprietor or served in any advisory capacity which derived in excess of $1,200 during the previous year
- Claimed no professional service were provided to any entity from which income exceeding $5,000 was revived.
- Claimed he had no capital gain of $5,000 or more in the past year
- Claimed to have no close economic association to paid lobbyists
- Claimed he has no ties to any business entity that did business in Illinois that earned income in excess of $1,200
- Claimed no gift or gifts, or honorarium or honoraria, valued singly or in the aggregate in excess of $500.
- Quinn claims nothing on the disclosures: no significant capital gains, no business interest, no private sector success in any capacity. This governor has spent his entire life in government and has not saved or built personal financial security outside of taxpayer granted plans.
Having absolutely no private sector experience, the contrast for governor is stark. From humble beginnings, Rauner is highly successful. Gov. Quinn has no concept of wealth creation, job creation or the fundamental principles of how capitalism has made America into the greatest nation in the history of the world.
So the question must be asked (let us know what you think):
Is Governor Quinn completely inept or did he lie on the disclosures?