McHenry County, IL. (ECWd) –
A McHenry County Judge denied Algonquin Township’s Motion To Dismiss on one of our Freedom of Information Act lawsuits against it.
In his May 13, 2021, Memorandum and Order, Judge Kevin Costello discussed:
- the township responded within the requisite time frame
- the response was not adequate
- the FOIA request asked for posts made to the “Karen Lukasik Algonquin Township Clerk” Facebook page, but the response indicated the “Karen Lukasik for Algonquin Township Clerk” Facebook page – and if it was simply a scrivener’s error, then there no indication of an adequate search
- discussion on the contradicting affidavits of Clerk Lukasik
- “The Motion To Dismiss filed by Defendant Algonquin Township is Denied“