Algonquin Township (ECWd) –
Rarely do we get an opportunity as has been presented to us by Algonquin Township Trustee Melissa Victor.
Meeting after meeting, for the most part of last year, she had talked about her “feelings” instead of what the laws of the state say.
- “I feel we shouldn’t pay this”
- “It feels like dirty money”
- “I feel there is no legitimate purpose”
- “I feel like this is a waste of time”
- “I feel the lawyer is taking advantage of us”
- “I don’t feel that these are necessary”
- “I will never vote to pay another Hanlon bill”
- any many more…
The point we are trying to make in this article is that personal feelings should not play a part in township governance, instead, they should look towards the statutes for guidance.
In light of this, we decided to put it to music, enjoy:
“This is not our song, we do not own the right for this song, and it is being used under the Fair Use Act. Sung by Morris Albert”