Illinois (ECWd) -
For years we have been reporting on local government malfeasance of every imaginable type as well as those you would never imagine possible. Over and over we see zero accountability to our laws and total disregard for even the most basic level of ethical conduct.
Each of the exposures listed has resulted in zero accountability. In most cases, the local State's Attorneys refuse to bring charges. In others, the Attorney General or Federal Government have chosen to do nothing.
- Retired Coles County Sheriff and current Coles County Board member Darrel Cox grabbed the breast of a woman on a bet from other officers. (article here)
- Retired Coles County Sheriff and current Coles County Board member Darrel Cox lied under oath. (article here)
- Retired Coles County Sheriff and current Coles County Board member Darrel Cox violated court orders to dispose of seized weapons. (article here)
- Former Edgar County Sheriff Tim Crippes and current Secretary of State Employee illegal gun sales, including selling one with filed-off serial number, which violates federal law. (article here)
- Current Illinois Auditor General Frank Mautino violated Illinois Election law, plead the 5th during the investigation - (article here)
- Former Dupage Township Supervisor Bill Mayer illegal pay advances calling them loans. (article here)
- Retired Shelby County Sheriff Don Koonce illegal gun sales and pay to deputies for hours not worked. ( article here)
- Current Shelby County Highway Engineer Alan Spesard utilized county resources for the operation of his private engineering firm. (article here)
- Former Shelby County Chairman Bruce Canon submits false claims for payment in contradiction to the compensation setting resolution. (article here)
- Current Coles County State's Attorney employee using public resources for a private matter. (article here)
- Former Casey Police Officer Justin Goble admits to theft from Shop with a Cop program. (article here)
- Three Milford School Board members self-dealing in excess of $80,000.00 (article here)
- State Representative Carol Ammons was investigated for shoplifting allegations captured on video. (article here)
While we could list another couple hundred examples, let these sink in.
While New York Governor resigns in the wake of his sexual assault/misconduct investigation, Coles County Republicans do nothing about one of their own who is a documented sexual assaulter. What kind of person supports a breast grabber to run for County Board? With no local media doing any real reporting, most had no clue. However even after members of the County Board were informed, their silence appears to be condoning sexual assault, lying under oath, selling guns in direct violation of court orders, and use of public resources for private matters.
While our President arms our enemies in Afghanistan, rest easy knowing we have Sheriffs across the state selling guns in direct violation of the law.
In Illinois, if you want to get ahead and ensure a public sector pension, get a public sector job or run for office, violate the laws for your own benefit, then rest easy knowing the odds of ever being held accountable are slim to none and you will rest easy with a fat pension on the backs of those you took advantage of.
All I can say, elections have consequences and people need to wake up in a bad way. From prosecutors to judges, lawlessness appears to be alive and well in what appears to be the most corrupt state in this country.