U.S. (ECWd) –
For years we have exposed public officials who have filed false statements of economic interest documents, and for years law enforcement and State’s Attorneys have ignored the violation.
Once again we see that the FBI has come to the rescue of Illinois citizens and charged Columbia Mayor Kevin Hutchinson with lying to the FBI.
“On June 28, 2018, KEVIN HUTCHINSON filed a false Statement of Economic Interest with the Monroe County Clerk stating that he did not have a personal financial interest, directly or indirectly, in any contract, work or business of the municipality”
“KEVIN HUTCHINSON, defendant, did willfully and knowingly make, and cause to be made, materially false statements and representations in a matter within the jurisdiction of a department or agency of the United States by falsely telling a Federal Bureau of lnvestigations Special Agent and a federal Task Force Officer that his only interest in MRCT’s contract with the City of Columbia was in his official capacity as the Mayor of the City of Columbia.”
Here is a brief list of Illinois officials we have exposed for filing false SEI documents of which nothing was ever done about it.
- Illinois Attorney General Kwame Raoul – First time, Second time
- Illinois Auditor General Frank Mautino
- Illinois Senator (57th District) Christopher Belt filed a false Statement of Economic Interest related to his position as a Legislator.
- Former State Representative Roger Eddy
- Former State Representative Chad Hays
- Champaign County Clerk Aaron Ammons
- Kankakee Mayor Chasity Wells
- KRMA Director and Aroma Park Mayor, Brian Stump filed two false SEI documents
- Melissa Victor, a sitting Algonquin Township Trustee filed a false and incomplete SEI document
- Former State Prison Review Board member John Clough files false SEI documents
- Former State Representative and Former McHenry County Chairman Jack Franks files false SEI documents
- Randy Brooks, a member of the Atlanta Public Library’s Board of Library Trustees filed false statements of economic interest (“SEI”).
- Bill Thomas, former member of the Atlanta Public Library Board filed two false SEI documents
- Former Clark County Park District Director Charity Murphy filed a false SEI document
- Shelby County Highway Engineer filed false SEI document
While we could list numerous other public officials who filed false SEI documents, the point is the local authorities have failed miserably in enforcing our ethics law. It’s no wonder Illinois was just named the third most corrupt state in the US.
A copy of Hutchinson’s indictment can be downloaded at this link or viewed below.Kevin Hutchinson