McHenry Co. (ECWd) –
An amended complaint was filed in McHenry County back on June 15, 2017, which appears to lay out a substantial case for records retention. One can only wonder why preserving records is a problem. According to the complaint, it appears a lot of illegal spending has been taking place and certain people don’t want any such evidence provided.
Although not inclusive of all the claims, the few below paint a rather disturbing picture and should raise concern with every taxpayer in Algonquin Township as this is your money being abused.
- In particular, despite MILLER having served for over 20 years as the Algonquin Township Highway Commissioner, there is not a single e-mail in the records of the Algonquin Township Highway Department.
- To date, MILLER has turned over absolutely no substantive records of the Algonquin Township Highway Department.
- None of the computers belonging to Algonquin Township Highway Department contain any e-mails of either MILLER or ANNA MAY.
- No expense records associated with MILLER’s use of credit cards are contained in the records of the Algonquin Township Highway Department
- Upon information and belief, the additional passenger shown on Exhibit Lis the granddaughter of Robert and Anna May Miller. The flight cost $375.00 for each passenger from Chicago to New Orleans. Plaintiff is not aware of any employment record identifying Rebecca Lee or her minor child as employees of Algonquin
Township. The payment for airfare in connection with transportation of MILLER and ANNA MAY’s Daughter and Grandchild is of no public purpose.
- LUKASIK has communicated that she intends to destroy various records of Algonquin Township, presumably including records of MILLER’s use of official credit cards for personal use.
- Plaintiff seeks to preserve the records to ascertain if the amounts charged to the Algonquin Township Highway Department served any lawful purpose.
We encourage everyone to review our previous articles that can be found at this link. Additionally, you should read the entire complaint to see for yourself how bad things had become over the years with Algonquin Township.1st ammended complaint