LaSalle Co. (ECWd) –
While Brain Towne is crying his indictment is an abuse of power and dirty politics, let us refresh his memory and our reader’s memory about abuse of power and dirty politics, all at the hands of Brian Towne when he was the State’s Attorney.
- Gave away county owned funds without authority. We reported we believe this was official misconduct. (Abuse of Power – Dirty Politics)
- Lobbied legislature to pass a law that would make certain illegal expenditures he made legal. We reported that we believed this was Official Misconduct (SB -212 Abuse of Power – Dirty Politics)
- Allowed one of his officers, now deemed an illegal police force by the Illinois Supreme Court, to call himself an FBI agent when he was not one. (FBI Agent? – Abuse of Power)
- Used drug money to get his name out there. (Abuse of Power – Dirty Politics)
- Violated Freedom of Information Act (Abuse of Power)
- Campaign Contribution reporting (Abuse of Power – Dirty Politics)
- Did Brian Towne lie to the court? (Abuse of Power)
- Did he commit Perjury? (Abuse of Power)
- Judicial Estoppel an issue with Brian Towne? (Abuse of Power)
- Criminal cover up in LaSalle County? (Abuse of Power – Dirty Politics)
- Working his private gig while getting paid to be State’s Attorney (Abuse of Power)
- The political prosecution against a local attorney, all charges dropped. (Abuse of Power – Dirty Politics)
- Did he provide cover from arrest to Son of Auditor General Frank Mautino? (Abuse of Power – Dirty Politics)
- Created an illegal police department and was smacked down by the Illinois Supreme Court (Abuse of Power)
If you have read every one of those linked articles, you have a great understanding of the work that went into reporting the truth about Brian Towne and how he operated as a State’s Attorney.
Now that he has been indicted on 17 felony counts, we find his claim that these charges are nothing but an abuse of power and dirty politics nothing short of hypocrisy.
We have two suggestions.
- Someone take away his shovel
- Someone get him a mirror!
We can only wonder why it only took nine months before charges were brought in this case while the Auditor General Frank Mautino has yet to be indicted after almost two years of federal investigations, of which we believe had as much, if not more, compelling evidence of illegal actions.
Tonight’s announcement on the indictment of Brian Towne appears to validate everything we wrote over the last year on him and his illegal police department.