Shiloh School Board Meeting, Budget Hearing – Sales Tax Referendum –
June 24, 2016 ·
HUME, IL. (ECWd) –
On June 20, 2016, Shiloh CUSD#1 Board of Trustees held a Budget Hearing and Regular School Board Meeting.
During the budget hearing, it was stated:
- The cafeteria ended in the black this year – previous years it had always lost money
- Education fund took in more than expected and spent less than expected last year
- Some personal property tax will have to be paid back and the state aid is still questionable
The regular board meeting was held immediately after the budget hearing:
- Air conditioning units were installed – all of the outside units and around half of the inside units
- Dr. Hall said that D-95 in Paris would vote this month on whether to put the 1% sales tax on the November ballot – if 3 of the 5 school districts in Edgar County approve it, it will be placed on the ballot
- There is a shortage of Jr. High math teachers – Shiloh can’t find one and other district have the same problem
The Board approved destruction of closed session audio recordings prior to December 2014 and approved paying all bills due.
Please consider a donation to the Edgar County Watchdogs.