DuPage Co. (ECWd) –
- “I would be most uncomfortable expressing any sort of opinion at a retreat.”
Seriously? The very woman who has NEVER been shy of expressing her opinion to the local paper or attacking her fellow Board members at meetings now claims she would be uncomfortable expressing any sort of opinion? LOL!
- “The new president was just appointed on a 4-3 vote this week”
Another lie by McGuire. Erin Birt abstained and that means her abstention carries with the majority. Under Prosser v. Village of Fox Lake, you can’t show up to be part of a quorum, vote “present,” and have your vote count as a “no.” The appointment under Prosser, if ever challenged, is properly tallied as a 7-0 vote, which again shows she has no clue what she is talking about, let alone voting on.
- “The candidate who was chosen, in my opinion, most likely also has personal and professional ties to William Hay, our search firm CEO”
A perfect example as to why McGuire has been shunned by so many in her own local political environment. She makes statements insinuating things when she has no evidence to support such a claim. We challenge her to share what basis there is for her “opinion”. And if that was even true, why did she never challenge Rondeau about it face to face? Maybe because Rondeau, as a Navy Vice Admiral 3-star, knows all about the behavior of rats on a sinking ship.
- “she was described to the press as an out-of-state candidate”
Did she reside in Illinois? I believe the answer is NO, thus she is an out-of-state candidate. However, we must ask, what does a person’s residence have to do with their qualifications for the position?
- “We’ve had seven professional service providers appointed by the Board in the past twelve months, all with questionable ties to the Clean Slate trustees or our former Chair, Kathy Hamilton.”
Let’s keep this simple. Prove it Ms. McGuire!
- “The lawsuits are still playing out; the expenses related to the firing of the three administrators are now very close to $5,000,000″
Another lie by McGuire! Prove it Ms. McGuire!
- “Next year’s budget will be $11,000,000 short on revenue to meet expenses, something we never saw in the past.”
Drum roll please! The reason for a shortage of revenue is conveniently left out by McGuire. The fault of this revenue shortage lies with Mike Madigan, her friend who is in control of that process in the Illinois House of Representatives. And for all those that want to blame the governor, explain why even the Senate rejected Madigan’s out of balance budget. Had the state paid their portion there would be no shortage, yet she once again manipulates the facts to insinuate this shortage is somehow the fault of the Reform trustees!
- “As I said at the end of my November correspondence, the underlying dynamics on the Board, centered on mistrust and a profound difference of opinion with regard to the “corruption” on campus, seem impenetrable.”
She speaks to mistrust of the board members. Who in their right mind would trust this woman (who can’t keep her own facts straight for more than a few days or a month) with anything of substance? Perhaps if she browsed our website again, the information throughout it can explain why no one trusts Ms. McGuire. Also, since when is a difference of opinion about an issue grounds for “mistrust”? Does that mean she refuses to trust anyone who disagrees with her? If so, she should, again, resign.
- “Their manufactured crisis has produced no indictments and a clean audit for 2015.”
I guess she missed the February 2015 Chicago Tribune article titled: “Ex-College of DuPage radio engineer charged with felony theft”
As far as the clean audit, so too was the Dixon, IL audit clean, all while $54 million dollars was stolen from the taxpayers.
- “Although some have described these differences as “bickering” they are fundamentally about fairness, justice and transparency.”
Fairness, justice and transparency? Is She serious?
What is fair, Trustee McGuire—coming to the table and discussing ideas on the merits, or ignoring the will of the people who hated the job you were doing, and tried to fix it?
What is just, Trustee McGuire—making false accusations about people based not on evidence but your emotional feels in a forum where they do not have a chance to respond?
What is transparent, Trustee McGuire, about you colluding in secret with the Breuder holdovers to boycott, steal College documents, and make false statements to the HLC to harm the College?